The following conditions of issue and use apply to all variants of genie, which are enabled for travel. Any use of a genie card is subject to the rules as set out below, which may be amended from time to time.
1. The card remains the property of (the Company) and must be surrendered to an authorised representative on request.
2. genie smartcards are period passes which count down on a consecutive days basis, irrespective of use, until the expiry date allowing unlimited valid travel on each day, until all days have been used.
3. genie smartcards can also be used to store cash with customers paying for each journey they make. The genie smartcard can have cash values added by topping up directly on the bus or via www.catchyourbus.co.uk
4. Renewals and top-ups made online or by telephone take up to 3 working days between the time of renewal and information being passed to the bus. This allows the transaction to be authorised by the bank or building society before days are credited on to the card. Payment confirmation is not proof that a genie card has been credited for travel and customers should buy a ticket on the bus if their genie card has not been validated.
5. genie cards are not a cheque guarantee or credit/debit card.
6. Debit or Credit cards can be used for payments on our website at www.catchyourbus.co.uk. American Express and Electron cards are not accepted for payment.
7. Customers travelling with a genie card are subject to the Company’s normal Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
8. genie cards can be used on all yourbus registered services, within the advertised boundary points. The availability and level of this service can be varied. Where customers are unable to continue using their genie card because of changes to the level of service, a full refund on the outstanding travel will be made without the administration fee.
9. A genie card showing a photograph may only be used by the registered card holder and is not transferable. If use is attempted by a person other than the registered card holder, an authorised yourbus representative has the right to retain the card to avoid future use and the user and any such person party to such use will be liable for prosecution.
10. If required the photograph on a genie card must at all times be a true likeness of the holder. In the event of a significant change of appearance, the Company reserves the right to request the holder obtain a new genie card and pay the appropriate new card fee.
11. Where a genie card is stolen, lost, damaged or otherwise unusable, the holder must notify the Company immediately. Once notified, the Company will invalidate the card.
12. The Company will issue a replacement genie card on the next working day after notification and set the existing card expiry date onto the replacement card, at a charge of £3. Any additional travel costs incurred will not be paid by the company.
13. The registered card holder must notify the Company immediately about any changes of details (e.g married name, address) since the first genie card was issued.
14. The Company reserves the right not to issue, renew or add value to any genie card without stating a reason.
15. The Company does not undertake to refund or replace any genie card which has been lost, stolen,unused (including partially unused) or forfeited, but may do so at its sole discretion. Refunds are not available on cards which have 7 days or less remaining. The Company reserves the right to charge an administration fee of 10% of the refund value for any refund or replacement issued.
16. The Company may from time to time contact the registered card holder with offers of goods and services from yourbus. First time genie card applicants may apply to be removed from the promotional list. Alternatively, please notify the Company in writing to yourbus, Heanor Gate Industrial Estate, Heanor Gate Road, Heanor, Derbyshire, DE75 7RJ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, address and genie card number.
A genie is an electronic smart card issued by Dunn Motor Traction Ltd t/a yourbus (the Company) for travel on yourbus at all times.